- Stone type: Carboniferous Sandstone
- Quarry records date from: 1897
- Quarry location: Dale View Quarry, Derbyshire
Stanton Moor Buff
A beautiful Derbyshire Carboniferous sandstone, which has been used widely across the UK for all scale of projects – from major prestigious city centre schemes to residential developments and private homes. Stanton Moor buff sandstone is also specified in Scotland on a regular basis providing a suitable match to Scottish blonde sandstones which are no longer available.
Extracted from Dale View quarry, Matlock, Stanton Moor buff sandstone is very much part of our architectural heritage with quarry records dating back from 1897. The striking colouration of Stanton Moor sandstone features a buff base with brown, gold and wild pink variation, adding depth and interest to both traditional and contemporary building designs. Extensive reserves are readily available.
- Geological Type Carboniferous Sandstone
- Colour / Texture Buff with pink or gold - fine to medium grained
- Maximum Size Please consult
- Petrographic Description Sub-Arkose sandstone BSEN 12407:2007
- Apparent Density 2320 kgm¯3 BSEN 1936:2006
- Open Porosity 12.5% BSEN 1936:2006
- Water Absorption 3.8% (by wt) BSEN 13755:2008
- Flexural Strength 6.6 MPa BSEN 13161:2008
- Frost Resistance 9.72 MPa BSEN 12371:2001
- Compressive Strength 97 MPa BSEN 1926:2006
- 72.33 MPa BSEN 772-1:2000
- Breaking Load at Dowel Hole 1810 N BSEN 13364:2002
- Water Absorption by Capillarity 33.76 g/m²/s BSEN 1925:1999
NOTE: This data should only be used as an indication of the future performance of the stone. Test results may not be representative of the whole quarry. The information given is for guidance only and is subject to alteration without notice. We recommend that customers contact Marshalls Stancliffe Stones to ensure that the details are currently valid. Stone being a natural product may vary significantly in colour and texture within the same range of stone. The stone image on this page is only as accurate as the screen/print out device allows. It is strongly recommended that stone samples are requested to check colour and texture prior to ordering.