OATHILL GUITING GOLD LIMESTONE
Oathill Guiting Gold limestone is an oolitic bioclastic limestone from the Oathill Quarry located at Temple Guiting in Gloucestershire. Oathill Guiting Gold is a medium grained limestone ranging from cream yellow to dark gold in colour.
Oathill Guiting Gold limestone is widely used as traditional walling for residential and landscaping projects in the Cotswolds.
Marshalls Stancliffe Stones are able to offer a full range of UK stone types and colours including Limestones, Sandstones and Ironstones.
- STONE TYPE: Oolitic Bioclastic Limestone
- QUARRY LOCATION: Oathill Quarry, Temple Guiting, Gloucestershire
- QUARRY RECORDS DATE FROM: 1880
PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE OF OATHILL GUITING GOLD LIMESTONE
- Geological Type Oolitic Bioclastic Limestone
- Colour / Texture Yellow / cream - fine to medium grained
- Maximum Size Please consult
- Petrographic Description Oolitic bioclastic limestone BSEN 12407:2007
- Apparent Density 1832 Kgm -3 BSEN 1936 : 2006
- Open Porosity 32.01% BSEN 1936: 2006
- Water Absorption 11.8% (by wt) BSEN 13755:2002
- Flexural Strength 1.7 MPa BSEN 13161:2001
- Frost Resistance Please consult BSEN 13161:2001
- Compressive Strength 8.77 MPa BSEN 1926:2006
- 9.07 MPa BSEN 772-1:2000
- Breaking Load at Dowel Hole 1820 N BSEN 13364:2002
- Water Absorption by Capillarity 41.49 g/m 2/s BSEN 1925:1999
NOTE: This data should only be used as an indication of the future performance of the stone. Test results may not be representative of the whole quarry. The information given is for guidance only and is subject to alteration without notice. We recommend that customers contact Stancliffe Stone to ensure that the details are currently valid. Stone being a natural product may vary significantly in colour and texture within the same range of stone. The stone image on this page is only as accurate as the screen/print out device allows. It is strongly recommended that stone samples are requested to check colour and texture prior to ordering.