Creeton limestone is an oosparite limestone from the Creeton Quarry at Little Bytham, Grantham, Lincolnshire. Stone is extracted from three distinct beds: Banded, Hard White and Silverbed, all offering a slightly different white, cream, honey through to beige colour.
Creeton limestone is mainly used in the Lincolnshire area as a traditional building stone for residential and landscaping projects.
The mix of three distinct natural colour beds within the Creeton limestone range provides interest and dimension to all kinds of building projects.
Marshalls Stancliffe Stones are able to offer a full range of UK stone types and colours including Limestones, Sandstones and Ironstones.
- STONE TYPE: Oosparite Limestone
- QUARRY LOCATION: Grantham, Lincolnshire
- QUARRY RECORDS DATE FROM: 1961
PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE OF CREETON LIMESTONE
- Geological Type Oosparite Limestone
- Colour / Texture White,cream,honey to beige-fine to medium grained
- Maximum Size Please consult
- Petrographic Description Oosparite limestone BSEN 12407:2000
- Apparent Density 2222 Kgm -3 BSEN 1936 : 2006
- Open Porosity 17.55% BSEN 1936: 2006
- Water Absorption 7.4% (by wt) BSEN 13755:2008
- Flexural Strength 3.7 MPa BSEN 13161:2008
- Frost Resistance Please consult BSEN 12361:2008
- Compressive Strength 51.73 MPa BSEN 1926:2006
- 52.94 MPa BSEN 772-1:2000
- Breaking Load at Dowel Hole 1610 N BSEN 13364:2002
- Water Absorption by Capillarity 47.73 g/m 2/s BSEN 1925:1999
NOTE: This data should only be used as an indication of the future performance of the stone. Test results may not be representative of the whole quarry. The information given is for guidance only and is subject to alteration without notice. We recommend that customers contact Stancliffe Stone to ensure that the details are currently valid. Stone being a natural product may vary significantly in colour and texture within the same range of stone. The stone image on this page is only as accurate as the screen/print out device allows. It is strongly recommended that stone samples are requested to check colour and texture prior to ordering.