Ashlar Walling and Stone Cladding UK
Ashlar Stone Cladding
UK’s Leading Supplier: Stancliffe. Supply a huge, full colour range of ashlar walling and stone cladding.
"...plain stone blocks, finely worked and jointed to given dimensions and laid in courses" (BS 6100-6:2008)
Ashlar Stone Cladding Panels
Ashlar cladding is traditional smooth finish external leaf handset cladding, produced to your specification:
- Course heights and lengths are set to your specification (subject to bed height limitations).
- Bed width is typically 75mm or 100mm (alternative thicknesses may be considered subject to structural calculation or performance testing).
- Mortar joints are generally 5mm with mechanical fixings.
- Traditional handset build, fixed in accordance with BS8298:1994 "Code of Practice for Design and Installation of Natural Stone Cladding and Lining" with typical methods of attachment and support (based on cavity wall construction).
Ashlar stone cladding UK panels for rainscreen are available in all stone types from Stancliffe's British Stone range, produced to order at one of our regional production sites. View Ashlar stone cladding UK panels for Rainscreen
All special stones such as copings, quoins, reveal stones etc, are cut to specification. Manufacturing tolerance: all as per BS EN 1469:2004 "Natural Stone Products - Slabs for Cladding Requirements".
Manual handling limitations should be considered when fixing natural stone (to calculate approximate weight of each stone a figure of 2300kg per m3 should be used with specific weights available on the relevant stone page of the web site).
Designed to suit more price sensitive budgets, Marshalls natural stone Ashlar walling is 100mm external leaf, smooth finish walling available in standard sizes:
- Standard course heights of 140mm and 215mm, 100mm bed width.
- Unit lengths: random or 440mm set length.
- To be built with a 10mm mortar joint using standard wall ties, all to BS 5628-3:2005 "Code of Practice for use of Masonry – Part 3: Materials & Components, Design & Workmanship" shortly to be superseded by Euro code 6.
- Traditional handset build, cavity wall construction: this option can negate the use of specialised fixers. Manufacturing tolerances: ± 5mm in height and width.
- Masonry components including window and door surrounds, quoins and feature stones are available to complement the range.
- Ashlar Walling can be produced from many of the Marshalls Stancliffe Stones sandstones at one of our regional processing sites.
We serve both trade and the public.
For fast delivery on all stone cladding UL contact Marshalls Stancliffe Stones online or call 0845 302 0702.